Hi all, just been to Phinda to visit my brother and my sister-in-law. It was great. We saw everything, except for leopard really. A lion used the landy as cover for stalking a group of zebra. It is quite a humbling sort of feeling to be solidly moved way down in the foodchain. Even below the bloody ticks. Amazing food and great South African story telling about myths, heroics and outright bullshit around the boma fire. We went on a river cruise and i got to fly over the entire reserve and it's surroundings (Lake St Lucia, Lake Sibaya, Sodwana etc.)
Unfortunately I nearly puked asthis little tin can of a flyer shook around like a washing machine drum. I just closed my eyes and pointed the camera out the window. Anyway, I wish I could hava taken you all with me...maybe someday, when we are all rich, like Al with his mighty Sterling pounds.
3 comments:
Sounds awesome, nothing like The Bush to put you in your place…
Sounds like you had a great time, tin can and all. Mom recently got back from Kenya where a friend had bought her a flight out to visit, the pictures and the stories she told us were also pretty amazing, very third world though. She says you couldn't drive in anything other than a 4x4 even in the cities because of the massive potholes and roads in disrepair, it was still extremely beautiful.
Nothing beats the uber DEUTCHMARK!! I know you have a whole lot of those uber notes stashed away in a swiss bank account. The pics are amazing. Kind of brings a tear to the eye. Thank goodness there are definate plans to return to my "roots" and live in the Vaderland again. Hows the great and wonderful Hen doing? Must of been awesome to see the bugger again?
Post a Comment