Friday, February 08, 2008

candid camera | the cult of leica


When you take a picture with an S.L.R., there is a distinctive sound, somewhere between a clatter and a thump; I worship my beat-up Nikon FE, but there is no denying that every snap reminds me of a cow kicking over a milk pail. With a Leica, all you hear is the shutter, which is the quietest on the market. The result—and this may be the most seductive reason for the Leica cult—is that a photograph sounds like a kiss.



What a sucker, now I want one

4 comments:

Dean said...

totally agree, you don't get that feeling even with the top of the range DSLR's these days. Just snap snap till you..uh, crack?

liam said...

Mmm you can't replicate that sound, glad I kept my old Minolta SRT - I must get some film and pull it out and go and take reall pictures again!!!!!!

dale k said...

mmm ... kif kamera

dale k said...

:)