
Check out Zach Condon of the band Beirut. He's a self-confessed high school drop-out - 20 years old and a shining star on the somewhat bleek music horizon. He grew up in Albuquerque and felt isolated when he travelled Europe and discovered Germany, France and especially the eastern European countries and the Balkan states where he took great inspiration. He played most of the instrumentation (incl. trumpet, ukulele, piano, organ, mandolin, accordion...) on his debut album Gulag Orkestar. You can give him a listen here: http://downloads.pitchforkmedia.com/Beirut%20-%20Elephant%20Gun.mp3 AND http://www.beirutband.com/mp3/Beruit_Postcards%20From%20Italy.mp3
Have a great week all. Tors
3 comments:
I KNEW I should have gone left at Albuquerque…
I'm loving Postcards From Italy… nice choon.
Listen, you boys really need to work on your links, it's just not cricket. Nor is it rocket science. Edit dammit, edit!
Nice One Tors10 - am listening to "Postcards from Italy" at the moment - great song.
Post a Comment