Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Toon for the day - "Angry mama"

I've been having a bit of fun at work for a change, we've been puting together some games and an activity book, and a bunch of stuff for a compendium of games and things for kids, on the road and camping, so I've been getting to do some illustrations and stuff . So I thought I'd post one of my favourites.

11 comments:

dale k said...

thats awesome dude! - what software you using?

dale k said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
liam said...

Thanks man Dale, I really cosmonaughts aswell, especially the little red russian dude, he looks a bit freaked.
I used plain ol' photoshop, using layers and my nifty little pen tablet thingy. Though I do sometimes draw the Illustration straight into photoshop, with this one I used a good old fashioned fine liner and then scaned it. Sometimes you just can't beat the prehistoric methodes for creativity.

liam said...

...that first line was ment to read "I REALLY DIG the cosmonaughts.."

dale k said...

know wot u mean - sometimes i dont wanna touch the pencil sketch cos its usually got something that gets lost in the software. i know! i'll frame the shit

dale k said...

HEY! we need a wednesday beast!!!

noodle said...

I've done a bit of research on how all the hot illustrators out there work and the general consensus it to do all the sketching and twiddling on paper. Only when you are happy with the solution do you scan it in and redraw it in vector. From there you can add shadows, highlights and textures. And knobbly knees…

dale k said...

and wobbly knobs!

liam said...

Pencil sketches have definitely got a life of their own that you often loose when trying to replicate digitally, or even if you're refining to ink. Strange but true.

tors10 said...

Nice Liam.

Dean said...

nice liam, kinda reminds me of that one messy cartoon of that guy that tells his dog to sit, not shit. will try and find here somewhere.