Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Splashy Fen

So I left work on Wednesday night and I was completely frazzled. I think my body knew I had taken a days leave and decided to fall apart. A cold sore, dark rings under my eyes, and unable to form a coherent sentence. So much for going absolutely mental at Splashy…
But I had a cool time, the rain did kinda put a 'damper' on things, but it was still good fun. It took me a good 2 days to unwind properly though. That was such a wake up call for me though, life happens and we get older and we get hard and we take ourselves too seriously. We forget how to just CHILL, to relax completely and have no worries. To just have a laugh. I really gonna try not let the stresses of life and work bog me down in future. Life is too short, and I'm gonna take it easy…

Some of the highlights of my weekend:
• black label draught
undone - from grahamstown, cool jazzy sound
la cobra - the bits I can remember
• wood fire (or was it gas fire?) pizza
• hot showers
• being smug in the mud with my gumboots
duskant ombliksem - friggin hilirious, "I can be your batman baby…"
the parlotones - fun, but over too quickly
• someone taking a dump in our noisy unhappy camper neighbours tent

If anything else interesting happened, send me a mail cos I don't remember a helluva lot…

BTW check out isolation.tv if you have a spare moment, it's my friends music review blog. He should be posting some splashly reviews soon.

Here are some of my pics… the rest are on my flickr account.

We had some bee-ootiful weather in the evenings…

Gratuitious half naked blonde rocker pic

Schweet…

Check out my sexy pins. Control yourself guys…

5 comments:

liam said...

It was fun, and I was plesantly surprised to bump into Tors10 there, sorry I didn't get to see more of you dude, but I just couldn't seem to find you after the first spotting and my phone died.

Awsome pics V I'm not sure waht the reaction on those sexily clad pins would be, but I recon the guys are gonna be loosing it over the sexy pic above.

Dean said...

mmm...black label draught. I guess I will have to pretend with what we have here for another 5 months or so.

Paulo said...

Great to hear everyone had a relaxing time. Pity about the rain, but it does tend to come down during that time. Never bothered me much, maybe 'cause I was drunk and had a beer-jacket the whole time. And a mahoosive bon-fire

genevieve said...

Like the boots:)
And the discarded beer glass nearby.

Sounds like you folks had fun. I had fun at home, too. I did.

dale k said...

haha :P