I was crazy about Vladimir Tatlin's Monument to the 3rd International at tech. The russian artist proposed his 400m high tower in 1919. Once constructed, it would have stood nearly 100m taller than the Eiffel Tower, giving physical expression to the social and artistic dynamism of the Russian Revolution. Intended as a kind of archi-sculptural testament to the strength of the world's workers, the Tower was ultimately never built. Well, guess what? They are building it. In its entirety, in separate pieces, that will be placed in various locations in the world, NEVER to joined together. So although built, the tower will remain unrealised. That is INSANE. I love it.
I remember it from tech days, very cool - it is a cool concept of it never being realized, though I would serously love to slide down that twirly outside thingy, so longs as it had saftey rails or something.
2 comments:
I remember it from tech days, very cool - it is a cool concept of it never being realized, though I would serously love to slide down that twirly outside thingy, so longs as it had saftey rails or something.
ja, railings. good idea.
Post a Comment