Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Step by Step - Thumbs up or down?

Okay Above is my second take, a bit more warm colours and new text for the logo - opinions?
We finally added the final vocals and stuff to our demo tracks (we feel there's still alot more we'd like to add in and change before we'll be completely happy with it) so shortly it'll be ready to go off, we decided to do a new song called Step by Step instead of Watching Sattelite for the demo.
Anyway, was wanting your input on what I came up with while wasting time at work - if any of you've had the time and come up with anything at all I'd love to see them.
Hopefully spot you all soon in Durb's

10 comments:

dale k said...

hey liam like the cover - the only thing id try is stripping the logo down and losing the guitar neck and harp stringys maybe (just to see) and maybe losing that sun and cross? simple is better i say - otherwise i like this one - its got a dave matthews feel about it :P

noodle said...

Ja, the logo needs simplifying, it will give it more standout. And I would keep going with the pic, its a great starting point, special it up, give it more depth, add some layers, lose the hard white.

liam said...

Thanks for the crit guys, just what I need an outside designers perspective, I can mail you guys the boots pic if you wanna try something witrh it.

dale k said...

awesome now youre on the right track - love the colours!

liam said...

Thanks Dale sometimes all we need is a little creative direction - hey how come nothin from yourself?

noodle said...

Nice.

Just a few tweaks and you'll be there. I'm thinking, shift zephyr a bit to the left. The other typeface isn't gelling with the whole look. I'm thinking, extended sans serif - like block gothic or trade gothic extended.

liam said...

I was actually thinking about using a bolder version of Bauhaus for the band name, 'cause i really liked it as the title text - but then I really liked "Magneto" for the band text, and then I got all confused and couldn't bring it together. Thanks van, will see if I've got either of those fonts or something similar.

noodle said...

Bauhaus is a great typeface, I just don't know if its appropriate. I think you guys are a bit more post-modern. That is the trickest part of design: when you are quite far into something, being smart enough to chuck something that just isn't working. And trusting that you will find a better solution.

noodle said...

oh, I meant shift Zephyr to the OTHER left.

And you do the hokey pokey and you turn yourself around, but is that what it's REALLY all about? :-)

liam said...

Huh?... you mean left left or right left (not in the military sence) okay my brain is a bit fried, must have been the extra long weekend!